Michelle joined Mike Griffin in the Denton County area in 1993. Michelle brings over 15 years of trial experience to the firm. Michelle works on all aspects of the firm’s trial work, but her primary focus is Eminent Domain/Condemnation and Takings Litigation.
Michelle grew up in Austin, Texas, and after receiving her law degree joined the Attorney General’s office’s condemnation division. During her tenure with the AG’s office she was responsible for securing right-of-way for the Texas Department of Transportation.
In 1988, Michelle earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from the University of Texas. Michelle went on to earn a Juris Doctorate from the University of Houston Law Center in 1991 and was admitted to the Texas bar in 1991.
Michelle is a member and past President of Denton County Bar Association (Editor, Newsletter, 1994-1995; Secretary, 1999-2000; Vice President, 2000-2001; President 2001-2002); State Bar of Texas.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation
- Takings Litigation
- Texas, 1991
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctorate – 1991
- University of Texas
- Bachelor of Arts – 1988
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Denton County Bar Association, Member
- Denton County Bar Association, Editor, Newsletter, 1994 – 1995
- Denton County Bar Association, Secretary, 1999 – 2000
- Denton County Bar Association, Vice President, 2000 – 2001
- Denton County Bar Association, President, 2001 – 2002
- State Bar of Texas, Member